Our reNEWool mission: to keep Woollykins in use and circulation, raise awareness about the value of caring for and mending textiles, make quality Woollykins clothing affordable to lower income families and raise money for local environmental and social justice initiatives.
Below are the terms and conditions the apply to this initiative to help us deliver this program and ensure it is sustainable and mutually beneficial to all.
On the journey to circularity many textile business are aware of the benefit of such a program but there are many logistical challenges involved for small businesses running such a program. We believe we can overcome these challenges and rely on like minded customers to participate in a way that keeps the program sustainable.
If you are participating in our *reNEWool* program, please read the below and let us know if you have any questions. These terms and conditions are subject to change as the project evolves.
Terms & Conditions of the *reNEWool* initiative by Woollykins
1. Item must have been purchased from Woollykins, with order number provided (we can look it up if you can't find it)
2. Please ensure item is clean and odour/fragrance free
3. Item must fall into one of the conditions listed below:
· Unused/New with/without tags: 30% of original purchase price issued as store credit
· Preloved(worn, washed, in sellable condition without any damage to item): 25% of original purchase price issued as store credit
· Preloved Needs Attention(in house mending/washing/stain removal may be needed):20% of original purchase price issued as store credit
· Preloved Needs More Attention - You Mend It (preloved, with repairable damage but more than what is feasible for us to mend in-house - will be sold as a mending kit): 15% of original purchase price issued as store credit
· Wool Salvage (not able to be reconditioned for re-sale but parts are salvageable for repurposing or use in darning kits): 5% of original purchase price issued as store credit.
Please do not send us items that do not fall within the Woollykins reNEWool criteria, as we will not be able to issue you points nor return your garment.
· Engel wool/wool silk children's garments only if very good condition or for cutting up for mending patches
We can’t accept :(
· Clothing not originally purchased from Woollykins
· Shoes and slippers
· Nappies and nappy products (besides Disana nappy covers in good condition)
· Items made from lambskin
· Adults Thermals and Thermal Underwear (garments made from fine wool or wool blends - usually 200gsm or less)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries at all.
Assessing the condition of your returned garments
Woollykins will assess the condition of the returned garments in as fairly as possible. Some subjectivity is involved in assessing the garment's worth but as experienced menders of knitwear we know the workload involved in taking on very large repairs. If in doubt, please email email@example.com to discuss your concerns before returning any garments.
Join us wool lovers
Subscribe to occasional updates with wool care tips, pre-orders and VIP access to sales. We promise to keep it useful :)
Join Us Wool Lovers!
Subscribe to our newsletter for wool care tips, new collections and early access to pre-orders and sales.
Our popular pieces come in and out regularly, use the Notify Me feature on Sold Out products to find out as soon as a piece is available again.